Monday, July 27, 2009

Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

i am looking for step by step, using a flat iron. from right after washing it. products to put in? special shampoo and conditioner? leave in conditioner? all of it!!! thank you very much.. by the way my hair is not curly, just has waves...



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

1. The shampoo and conditioner don't matter as much as the other steps, but they make several kinds of smoothing and straightening shampoos and conditioners.



2. A leave in conditioner is a good idea. When you flat iron and blow dry, your hair needs all the help it can get!



3. Put in a straightening balm, such as Rusk Str8 or any straigthening lotion you can find at the store. This helps keep hair relaxed and also coats it against heat.



4. Dry your hair with the blowdry until it is half dry. Then, blow dry section by section with a large round brush. Clip off sections using a claw. I like to pull my hair half up, dry the bottom, then let a little hair out from the sides at a time until I've gotten to the top.



5. Once it's dry, spray in a heat protectant. This is really important! Chi and Alberto VO5 make good ones.



6. Straighten hair section by section, pulling hair half up and clipping iwth a claw, letting a little down to straighten each time. Make sure you put the spray in before you run the iron over each section. This helps protect it from breakage. The best straightener you can buy hands-down is a Chi. THey are pricey (around $100) but you can get them for half that on ebay new and they are WELL worth it.



7. Finish off with a smoothing cream if you want! This helps make it shinier. I like the John Frieda line for your hair color.



8. And you're done!



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

First off you don't really need a special shampoo. What you do need is a anti frizz serum. You can get this at any professional salon. The price you pay is high but it is worth it. Depending on what kind of flat iron you have you might need to dry the hair completely before straightening it. Then clip the top layers of your hair. Straightening the lower layers of your hair first and working to the top. When you are finished add a little bit of smoothing serum for shine. It should come out beautiful.



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

This is what *I* do for *my* hair. My hair is down right to the middle of my back and is a bit frizzy (dry). I use shampoo (I rotate shampoos because it builds up in my hair if I don't) and a deep conditioner like Fruictis deep conditioner. Leave the conditioner on for five minutes. Give it a good rinse.



Then, I use a WIDE toothed comb (a shower comb) that I got from Avon. I use either my L'Oreal straightening balm (I don't know the name but the bottle is hot pink and the lid is gray...you can get it at WalMart and you shouldn't be able to miss it). I add about a quarter sized drop in my hand. I rub it through my hands and then starting at the ENDS of my hair, I work it through. I don't put it into my roots, though (because you don't really straighten your scalp, do you?).



Okay, next using my comb I blow dry my hair until it is practically dry and keep combing it through. Comb gently (always start at your ends and work your way up so you have fewer snags and pull out less of your hair :).



When my hair is practically dry, I turn on my ceramic plated straightening iron to warm up. I have a Conair that has a heat setting that is adjustable. Because my hair is very fine and yet I have a ton of hair...I keep it set on about 20 (out of 30).



I add a little more straightening balm to my hair starting at the ends (maybe about the size of a nickle rubbed through my hands first).



Then I section my hair with clips (you don't have to do this part but it helps me because my hair is so long). I let one section down at a time and straighten it in about two inch sections.



Once I have it all done, I add a little more balm OR some Beyond the Zone (about five bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply - blue bottle; purple lid) Frizz Ease. It doesn't take but a very small line of Beyond the Zone rubbed through my hands and applied starting at the ends.



If I do this (takes me almost an hour), I don't have to wash my hair or straighten it again for about four days. I might add a little straightening balm to it every morning after I comb it, though.



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

Get good quality straighteners, GHDs are really good. Use a shampoo and conditioner from straight hair. Towel dry your hair and then blow dry, holding the hairdryer with the nozzle down blowing your hair downwards. When it is 95% dry, turn your dryer on cold if it has this option. Tie up the top layer of your hair into a bun on the top of your hair, leaving half of your hair down. Brush and straighten slowly.



Hope this has helped.



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

Step 1. Go to Walmart(or your choice of store).



Step 2. Buy a hair straitener.



Step 3. Open box and follow intructions.



My sister has a hair straitener. And she's got a wild child theme look to her hair! I mean, when she first wakes up, she looks like the cave men in the movies! LOL She bought a hair straitener at walmart, the kind that uses steam to straiten your hair. Her hair stays pretty strait for a while. And because it uses steam, it doesn't damage your hair nowhere near as bad as the flat iron type. Or you can get the straitener in a box. It's the opposite of a perm. But you can seriously damage your hair by doing that. That's almost as bad as stripping your hair of all colour!!



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

Alright, you might wanna try Thermasilk shampoo+conditioner, it works with the heat so your hair becomes really shiny after you straighten it. At walmart they have this straightener that works really nice, think it is one of those ionic ones that are good for your hair. Dont use leave-in conditioner, it will make your hair greasy after you straighten it. You might also wanna try these silk drops, run it through your hair and it will be really shiny and pretty. Start at the bottom though because if you put to much in one place your hair will be greasy.



Heres how you can straighten your hair.



1. start at the bottom, using your fingers part a small section out from under your hair. Put the rest of your hair up, high.



2. i usually part it into two and start towards the back. Run straighter through your hair slowly, but not tooo slow because otherwise it will leave an ugly crease from the iron.



3. Continue parting small sections from under your hair and and straighting them.



4 when your done put silk drops or something like that in your hair.



I hope that these helped, Its what i usually do, also when you let your hair dry, maybe put some antifriz in it and just let it down.



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

u can use "anti frizz" shampoos and conditioners...there r many brands like loreal and garnier which have anti frizz products...or any other conditioner is must before straightening the hair....



wash ur hair and let it dry...after dat ask someone to keep a part of ur hair on a dry towel and then iron that strand...to avoid dryness...apply a little bit ov livon,silk n shine or any other product to the strand and comb.after all the hair r done, comb thoroughly and then spray any anti frizz product or use livon or silk n shine,any such product..n there u go...straight hair with shine and volume!



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

hi! i found good video instructions on using a flat iron yourself, it will be easier to actually see it being done anyway. to see it, click on this link:



http://www.ghdhair.com/



now select united kingdom as a country. it will bring you to their home page. on top of the page their will be an option that says "trends" click on this.



once on that menu, click on "looks".



then click "celebrity looks"



then click on "mischa barton"



on that page are a list of instructions for preparation, read these if you want but the bit your looking for is at the bottom of the page, so scroll down through the instructions.



underlined is an option to "watch a movie" click on this.



voila! theres your video. (i had to put instructions to lead to it b/c it was a video page so it would just bring you to home)



this video was made by GHD and shows all the GHD products being used, but you don't have to use all that exact stuff you know..



anyways hope this helps some



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

well i have wavy to curly hair depending on weather...lol...i use pantene (the green one) shampoo twice and condition for about 2 min...i towel dry it...then put a quarter amount of Frizz-ease wind-down relaxing creme (step 4)...i let it air dry for about 5 min..and then i take one of those 2 inch round brishel brushes with the metal around the inside... i usualy stick with the front first just slowly pulling the brush and blowdrying...after i am done i usually let my hair stick for another 5 min...(at this point my hair is still frizzy...) then i take a flat iron (cermanic ones..i got mine from walmart..its a conair. 20 bucks..but it has to have a comb on the side...mine is removeable..).i do clump by clump...sometimes i put it in a pony tail and work on the bottom first...the porcess usually takes me about 1/2 hour....then last i just let it sit for a couple min..then run my fingers through it a couple time...that thats how i get my hair straight...most of the time i dont even use the frizz ease..but it seems to relaxes it better...Good Lucks



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

After washing the hair take all the excess moisture out of it by wrapping your hair in a towel or something, you're hair will dry faster that way. I dont put any prodect in mine, but if you want you can use some moose. If you get a specfic product just for straightening, make sure you read the back and see if it says it protects the hair from any thermal use. I dont think it matters what kind of shampoo or conditioner you use... but if you want to find a shampoo that says it will smooth and/or straighten wavy or curly hair. Dry your hair with a hair dryer, and make sure its completely dry before using any kind of straightener or curler. They have some spray that is made for thermal use. I have the CHI Protection Spray, but I'm sure there are other kinds out there. You spray it on right before you're going to take a hot iron to it. I wouldnt use to much, or your hair might look greasy. I straigthen my hair in small sections, like an inch section or so. Hold the hair thats not going to be straightened yet with a clip or something. Straighten that section until you see no kinks, no curls, waves... whatever. Then take down your hair and make another section, pin the rest of the hair up, spray, straighten and just keep doing that. I know this isnt probably what you asked for but I will tell you this anyway... dont really mess with your hair, like putting it up in a pony tail or whatever unless its like about an hour after you styled it. I say this because I think that after you do something to it, its still "molding", "cooling down" from whatever you did to it. Let it get use to the the air and stuff like that because I think if you put it up right after you did it and then you go to put it down you'll have that kink line showing where you had your hair peice. I hope this helps... it works for me!



Can somebody give the step by step method for straighten hair?

My hair is very wavy and affected by moisture (humidity) easily. This is what I do:



Wash and condition your hair. I usually leave the conditioner on while I'm shaving my legs b/c the straightening process does so much damage. Also, combing your hair out in the shower while the conditioner is in gets knots out so much easier. When you get out of the shower, towel dry your hair as much as you can without rubbing it too hard. This causes breakage, and you do not want that.



Section off your hair. I usually clip all but the bottom layer on top of my head. I blow dry my hair without a brush to get most of the moisture out, then use a round brush to straighten. Dry the ends first and work your way up. This puts the least amount of heat on the roots. When that section is completely dry, I use the flat iron on it.



Keep doing this, working your way up to the top layer of hair. After all is said and done, I usually only put in a defrizzing serum to keep my hair undercontrol and flyaway free.



Happy Straightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment