Saturday, August 1, 2009

Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every f

I want to be able to chemically straighten my hair so that it stays perfectly straight for a long time, but then gradually wears off altogether, instead of just at the roots.



Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every few months?

If you're black or mixed and have "ethnic" hair, a relaxer will do the main job of what you want. But as you know, when your roots grow out, you will need another relaxer retouch (depending on your hair, usually every 6 to 12 weeks). Even relaxers, though, will not give you PERFECTLY STRAIGHT HAIR. Many women still find the need to flat iron or blow dry their hair straight.



If you're caucasian or have naturally straighter hair, then you can also get a chemical straightener, but they're fairly expensive for the ones that get your hair really straight and maintain the hair's health (usually called japanese straighteners, but they can range upwards of 400-500 dollars and it's difficult to find cosmetologists who perform these services). Your regrowth will not need to be touched up as often as ethnic hair does, and the straightener will likely wear out a bit and some of the natural wave will come back to your hair (I used to get them).



Coloring your hair often will also wear the curl or wave out of your hair over several years time.



Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every few months?

Im not sure. I know that Boots do a Straightening Kit, but it is time consuming and you would need an extra hand.



You could also try and get a relaxing cream. Most salons will stock these types of products. think it would be good to have a chat with somebody in your local salon.



They would be able to help.



Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every few months?

It doesn't wear off the roots. You have roots because your hair is growing. So the answers to your question is no. Chemical straightener are applied to the existing hair on your head. They don't penetrate into the scalp and straighten hair that is not grown yet.



Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every few months?

try a texturizer



Is there a way I can chemically straighten my hair without my having to get the roots redone every few months?

No. The way the human body works, you would have to alter your genetic makeup to change the hair that hasn't even grown yet. Chemical straightening can only change the hair you have at the time of processing, so there is no way to get around touch ups. And your hair will still have to be heat styled in order to look straight. chemical straitening doesn't' save you from humidity either.



PS. Texturizer is for making curly hair slightly less curly. not straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment